Idaho Carry monthly dinners suspended for the summer.
It has been suggested that we suspend our Idaho Carry monthly dinners for the summer and, because the air-conditioning in the Fuddruckers’ meeting room is not very good, I tend to agree. I’m thinking of having impromptu breakfast, lunch or dinners at various restaurants and get a head count of those who would like to join me. For those of you in north or east Idaho, I’d suggest the same; impromptu get-togethers at OC friendly restaurants just for the fellowship. Your thoughts? Click on the facebook link above an join the conversation. For those of you who don’t monitor FB frequently but would like to be notified of these spontaneous meals and you have not been receiving emails from Idaho Carry, private message me your email address and your city and I’ll email you when they are announced.
DO YOU OPEN CARRY?
Does the thought of carrying openly in public make you nervous, uncomfortable or fearful? If so, then learning these few facts may help to settle your nerves and alleviate your fears.
- Anthropologist Charles Springwood defined it well when he said that Open Carriers are trying to “naturalize the presence of guns, which means that guns become ordinary, omnipresent, and expected. Over time, the gun becomes a symbol of ordinary personhood.”
- Open Carry is the first line of defense against the anti-gun groups and its first casualty in states where it is not practiced. If you don’t use it, you lose it. 95% of Idaho residents do not know you can Open Carry without a permit and we will lose our rights when we remain ignorant of them.
- Finally, but equally important, we Open Carry for our defense – and – it allows criminals to make well informed decisions, which are unavailable to them when they are around those who Conceal Carry.
The projected crime rate this year for the City of Boise alone will be:
- 408 Aggravated assaults
- 938 Burglaries
- 109 Forcible Rapes
- 8 Murders or Manslaughter
- 74 Robberies
It is unlikely that Open Carriers will experience the rapes, robberies, murders or assaults.
WHAT IS OPEN CARRY?
It is the beautiful bold face of the 2nd Amendment
It is the American flag to America’s enemies
It is the ultimate symbol of American freedom
It is Ronald Reagan’s “Tear down this wall!”
It is “in your face” to the anti-gun left
It is George Washington to the British
It is storming Normandy to the Germans
Open Carry is the first line of defense against the anti- gun left and the first casualty in states where OCers don’t practice their Open Carry rights USE IT OR LOSE IT!
OUR NEW FORUM IS UP AND WAITING FOR YOU TO START A DISCUSSION, JUST CLICK ON THE “FORUM” LINK ABOVE.
One of the many reasons to Carry:
Lesson learned! The public needs OCers to be prepared at all times.
Supreme Court Case Law on Unlawful Stops and Seizures
- In Delaware v Prouse, an officer cannot detain someone without reasonable suspicion of a crime.
- In Hibel v Nevada and Brown v Texas, both require reasonable suspicion of a crime before demanding an ID.
- In US v DeBerry (from the 7th Circuit), the presence of a firearm, where legal to possess, cannot by itself be reasonable suspicion of criminal activity.
- In Terry v Ohio, three criteria must be met in order to disarm an individual:
1. The officer must have a suspicion that the individual is armed;
2. The officer must have a suspicion that the individual is dangerous; and
The officer must have a reasonable suspicion that the individual has committed or is about to commit a crime.